The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office now utilizes CodeRED® as its Emergency Notification System (ENS).
1. With this service, we can send messages to residents and businesses within minutes with specific information when an emergency or time-sensitive issue arises. Although ENS does contain published landline phone number information by default, the Sheriff’s Office may only get landline phone data updates twice a year. This is why it is vital that you register all your phone numbers directly to assure contact in an emergency.
2. By signing up or opting-in, you may enter alternate phone numbers and/or modes of contact. You may also specify your primary contact mode. The opt-in process will require that you have a valid email address. A confirmation email and/or text message will be sent upon completion of registration (will be sent from email@example.com and may take up to 5 minutes). Once registered, you may opt-out at any time. All information is strictly confidential and will not be used for any other purpose.
3. When delivery of the alert to your primary contact mode fails, the system will automatically fall back to other methods. With respect to phone notifications, if the system detects an answering machine, it will deliver the message to voicemail. If the phone is not answered and no answering machine is detected, the system will redial the number at a later time or, if specified, fall back to another contact mode.
When the call appears on your caller-id, it will display the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office business number: (928) 771-3260. (Please, NEVER REPLY to Alert message emails or text messages! Instead, please call (928) 771-3260.
4. CodeRed Mobile Alert App Available Too
With the CodeRED Mobile Alert app – the nation’s most downloaded public safety notification app – OnSolve enables subscribers to receive these notifications directly to their mobile device whether at home, on the road, or traveling around the country.
These mobile push notifications deliver relevant, location-based alerts based on GPS location to ensure you receive critical information when you are in a CodeRED client’s jurisdiction.
- Free download – Protects residents and visitors traveling across CodeRED communities
- Customized user experience – Subscribers choose the types of alerts they wish to receive
- Detailed notifications – Messages can include text and/or audio and feature a map with location of the warning area
- Simple interface – Ad-free, easy-to-use interactive map with color-coded icons, available on iOS and Android devices
- Customizable settings – Optional audible hands-free driving, establish personal warning radius, and view optional weather feeds