Do you want to safeguard yourself, your loved ones, and your properties in a discreet manner? Do you want to keep an eye on your home when you’re out for work?
Getting a hidden camera is your best solution!
Most security cameras today can be connected wirelessly to your Internet router so you can easily stream the footage on your smartphone. It allows you to virtually keep an eye on your children when you’re in a different room or location.
Since there are many home security cameras available in the market today, you may be confused about which one is the best fit for your home. This ultimate guide will help you solve the problem.
How to Choose the Best Hidden Cameras for Your Home
Hidden cameras are amazing if you don’t want someone to know that they are being recorded. If you need something more portable, there are even James Bond-like cameras that are wearable and can record footage while you are on the move.
The best-hidden cameras are tiny enough to be placed in unexpected places and will not draw attention to themselves. Aside from the size as well as the ease with which they can be hidden, there are some other things you need to consider.
- Wide viewing angle. You need the hidden spy camera to have a wide field of view so that it can capture as much of its surroundings as possible.
- Can be hidden easily. Hidden security cameras can be camouflaged as another object as you monitor your home without other people knowing.
- Night vision. A hidden security camera or a mini spy camera is a tiny camera that can help you upgrade your security with class. Some hidden spy cameras even have a night vision feature and people would not be able to easily detect hidden cameras or a spy cam unless they suspect their presence or know that they are there in a certain location.
- Advanced motion detection feature. A hidden spy camera has sensors that let it detect motion. This is very useful in detecting and alarming you of any suspicious activity.
- Rechargeable battery. Hidden security cameras have batteries that can be recharged over and over for prolonged use.
- Video quality and resolution. Great hidden security cameras have very good video quality and resolution for viewing convenience. Some devices offer up to 4k video resolution.
5 Best Hidden Camera Devices For Your Home
Here are our top 5 picks of the best spy cameras for your home!
1. BLINK XT2 Security Camera
This smart security camera is perfect for both indoor and outdoor usage. It is small and discrete with two-way built-in audio, 1080p full HD video recording, two-year battery life, and free cloud storage.
It is also compatible with Alexa, so you can use the camera for your different security needs.
2. Clock With Hidden Camera
An alarm clock with an HD hidden camera is almost impossible to detect. You can stream it live anywhere in 4K, and it also has a high-tech night vision that allows you to see objects in 30 feet of darkness using 4 infrared LEDs.
The alarm clock wouldn’t look suspicious or out of place in your bedroom, work desk, or table in the living room.
Another alternative is a spy camera hidden in a wall clock. It gives you a wider and more comprehensive view of a room with its 1080p HD resolution.
It also has a motion detection feature that allows it to set off an alarm and send three photos to your mobile device whenever a moving object is detected.
3. Hidden Camera USB Charger
A spy camera inside a USB wall charger? It’s definitely an easy and effortless way to secure your home!
You just need to insert a micro sd card, plug it in, and start the recording. Since it’s already plugged in, you don’t have to worry anymore about the limited recording time and battery life.
This hidden camera also has a motion-activated sensor to detect movements in the room.
4. Photo Frame Spy Camera
This camera can cleverly hide within your innocent framed family photo. It has an innovative 960p clear video with 4 hours of continuous recording.
The impressive part is its motion sensor mode with 2-3 days of battery life. It will only record a video on your SD card whenever a movement is detected.
5. Light Bulb Hidden Camera
This camera hidden in a light bulb offers a 360-degree full HD panoramic view.
It acts as a wireless mini camera with a clear, bird-eye view of a room and allows you to stream it live across multiple mobile devices.
Looking for a business security camera? Read our guide to the best surveillance camera for businesses to install in 2022.
Pros and Cons of a Hidden Camera at Home
Installing spy cameras at home isn’t a rare thing now, but in case you’re still doubting whether to buy it or not, here’s a list of the pros and cons of a hidden camera in your residence.
- It prevents burglary. Housebreakers are less likely to intrude on a home with a security camera.
- It serves as evidence. Victims of robbery can use the recording of their hidden cameras when filing a police report.
- It keeps your children and pets in check. You or your housekeepers can watch your kids and pets at home even when you’re in another room or a distant area through a smartphone.
- It protects your business. If you have important work or business documents at home, using spy cameras can be an inexpensive way to monitor and keep an eye on them.
- It has limited use. Spy cameras have limited views, angles, storage, and battery life. Smart intruders may take advantage of these limitations to do their thing.
- It has privacy issues. Some family members or hired helpers may feel that you’re violating their privacy using these cameras. It is best to check your local laws on privacy infringement with regards to hidden cameras and make sure that all parties are knowledgeable about them.
Why Invest in Hidden Camera Devices
As technology advances, it is becoming much easier to protect your home. Hidden cameras are a great example of how to have an extra set of eyes on your home. Today, you can purchase a discreet camera that can help you check your baby, your nanny, plus a lot more.
Some hidden cameras can be camouflaged as other objects, such as clocks and smoke detectors. It is even possible to locate objects such as pens that can work as cameras. Investing in a quality hidden camera can produce a huge difference in your peace of mind.
Whether you are searching the market for a product that is going to help you record foul play or you just want a way to watch over your dogs while you’re away, finding a quality hidden camera can help you with your efforts. The best-hidden cameras we have in our selection will be more than enough to accomplish the task of recording while you’re away.
Install the best security camera for your home!
The best spy camera depends on your needs and preferences. It is also advisable to check if your preferred spy camera brand has good customer service to assist you when you encounter an issue.
Remember also that these cameras are for your security and protection, and not for spying on people illegally.
Consult a security expert to guide you on the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of your home security system.
Are you interested in installing or upgrading your security camera soon? Comment which of the above cameras sparked your attention!